The Pizza Cookbook, a Convenient Collection of Pizza Recipes Shipped Right to Your Door
Chicago Style Vegetarian Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
The famous Chicago style pizza inspired this vegetarian deep dish pizza recipe. It's stuffed with vegetables, tomato sauce, and cheese.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Place the dough in a greased 9-inch deep-dish pie pan and press it into the bottom and up the sides.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until the onion and bell pepper are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Cook for 3 minutes more after adding the mushrooms and olives.
- Bring to a simmer with the crushed tomatoes, oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Cover the bottom of the pizza crust with half of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
Deep Dish Pizza Accessories
Courant Precision Non-Stick Pizza Maker
The Pizza Cookbook
Pizzacraft PizzaQue Outdoor Pizza Oven
Genuine Pizza Cookbook
Deep Dish Pizza Recipes
Hawaiian Pizza with Peppers Recipe
Gourmet Pizza with Beef and Hot Peppers Recipe
Meat Lovers Pizza with Ham, Sausage and Pepperoni Recipe
Pepperoni Pizza with Salami and Basil on Top Recipe